Thursday, December 17, 2009

When Dada skipped classes and loved it !!!

Date : 12/17/09


“In school, my favourite day was the annual sports day not only because I loved sports but also because it gave us an opportunity to skip classes,” Sourav Ganguly told students of Lakshmipat Singhania Academy on Tuesday, but quickly added: “But you guys please don’t get any ideas,” tongue firmly in cheek.

The former Indian skipper joined the students for the school’s 14th Founders’ Day, arriving a bit late as he got busy rescuing Bengal against Delhi with an unbeaten ton.

“I am sorry for the little delay in reaching here. You see, there was a Ranji match and I was batting till the last over. I thank Ma’am principal for still allowing me to attend the event,” he said to peals of laughter, making light of his unbeaten 222-run partnership with Wriddhiman Saha.

Speaking about Kolkata Knight Riders, Ganguly hinted that the team might don a different jersey for IPL 3 as the colour black “has not suited our outfit”.
“We will not come last, I can promise you that as I have promised Shah Rukh. We will do everything required to do well this time. The colour black is clearly not suiting our outfit, so we will go for a change of shirt colour as well,” he said, replying to a student’s question.


The Prince of Calcutta told the youngsters that his days at St Xavier’s Collegiate School were “my best days. I used to kick football then, instead of playing cricket shots.”
And when it’s Dada, can Dadagiri be far behind? “How difficult was hosting Dadagiri Unlimited as you are accustomed to the cricket field?” asked another student.


“Dadagiri is much easier. I used to have 11 people trying to plot my dismissal on the field and here I found 30 people trying to assist me. In cricket, one mistake and it was a walk back with the bat tucked in my armpit but here there’s a director who says, ‘retake’,” smiled Ganguly.

He also commended the recent successes of Team India under MS Dhoni. “We are all baton holders in a relay race and it is satisfying to see India go from strength to strength.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More