Monday, April 19, 2010

Sourav happy to prove critics wrong


Date : 4/19/10

KOLKATA : Sourav Ganguly has answered critics innumerable times with sterling displays on the field. And he'll do it again. Every time he has been perceived to be struggling, he has hit back, mostly with his bat and on a few occasions with words.

On Saturday, he decided to use both. After his match-winning unbeaten 50-ball 75 against the Rajasthan Royals, the Kolkata Knight Riders skipper fired a salvo at the media: "A few people are trying to pull me down," he said.

He refused to elaborate, but went on to add that he continues to play because he feels he is good enough. "This is what I had said a week ago and I am saying the same thing now. I feel I have been good enough. I have worked hard for 6-7 months on my fitness and I am honest with my training," Ganguly said, perhaps trying to send a message to critics. With the ball not coming on to the bat, the going was always going to be difficult, despite the small target. "The ball was stopping and turning, but then we played some outstanding cricket," he explained the rationale behind KKR's cautious approach after losing McCullum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More