Sunday, October 11, 2009

I will be the captain next season : Sourav Ganguly


OCT 11,2009
The interactive session happened with the dealers of Captain TMT bars of which he is a brand ambassador.



Ind vs Aus :
It will be a close series but then my money will be on India since they are playing at home.

KKR Captaincy :
I will be the captain next season and will take all the decisions...

KKR Coach :
Both John (Wright) and Dav (Whatmore) have good knowledge of the game. But I know John better since I have worked with him for five years during my stint as India captain.

Best Captain :
Sourav said that said that he admired Ricky Ponting, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Andrew Strauss. “But at this moment Ponting is the best in the world. He is slightly ahead of Dhoni, I will say,.

Eden hosting a match for SL series:
If Eden doesn’t get, who will!

Leadership Quality :
He has to invent things. He can’t be dogmatic in his approach. He has to win the trust of the players and should not be afraid of taking risks. Whatever happens inside the selection meetings, he should be honest with that to his team members. Trust is very important to become a successful captain.

On his journey to captaincy :
You don’t start think such things. It was just my love for the game that I used to go to Eden Gardens. I used to be thrilled. When I got a chance to play for Bengal I was so excited. Then came the East Zone call and I was more excited.

Famous Lords Incident :
Sourav said he did that out of excitement and was not venting his ire at anyone. “Won’t you be excited when you strike a deal,” he asked.

His Best Innings :
96 against Pakistan in Toronto in 1997 was his best ODI innings. And 144 against Australia in Brisbane I will rate as my best Test innings.

Anything that still rankles?
Well the 2003 World Cup final loss to Australia...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More