Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm open to play for some other team : Ganguly

CHENNAI: Sourav Ganguly arrived in Chennai on Tuesday morning and headed straight for practice at the Guru Nanak College ground. In the three sessions that he batted during the three-hour practice session, it never seemed that the left-hander hasn't played a competitive match for close to six months.

The ball kept hitting the middle of the bat as his fans kept celebrating every shot he played. After the practice session, Ganguly talked to TOI about his decision to play first-class cricket and his IPL future.


Excerpts from an interview:

Why did you decide to make a comeback to first-class cricket?

I always play two-three Ranji Trophy matches and the domestic one-dayers to keep myself fit for the IPL. This is a crucial game for Bengal and I thought this is the best time to get my cricket gear out.
But you said after the Delhi game last year that you won't play first-class cricket again...
No, I never said that. IPL is an extremely competitive format and if I do not play some serious cricket before that, I am bound to struggle. I want to ensure that I am fit and playing my best cricket when the event starts in a few months time.

There's a lot of talk that you may not be retained by Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL4?

Shah Rukh Khan is not in India and I don't think that there has been any final decision taken on it. Yet, if I am not retained, there is always the option that I can be picked up from the auction.

Isn't that demeaning for a player of your stature, even more so, since you've built the team brick by brick?

Yes, I have a very strong emotional connect with this team. I love KKR and want this team to do well. And going by performance, I don't think I have done too badly either...

Would you be open to playing for some other team?

My first choice will obviously be KKR, but yes, if the situation demands, I am open to playing for some other team. The bottomline is, I want to play the IPL because I think I have some cricket left in me.

Courtesy :The Times Of India

1 comments:

Majorly all game playing shoot, all camera shoot man use aluminium scaffolding for perfect shoot.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More