Monday, December 20, 2010

It’s an unbelievable achievement --> Sourav Praising Sachin

Calcutta: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly has, through a brief interaction with The Telegraph, saluted Sachin Tendulkar.

Sourav, by the way, has always been close to Sachin.

The following are excerpts

Sachin’s 50th Test hundred...

-->It’s an unbelievable achievement... I doubt if anybody else will get there. Look at where Sachin has placed Indian cricket, what awesome feats.

Whether he watched the moment

-->I did... Saw the 100th run on the TV... I did get emotional.

First thoughts

-->Felt very happy for Sachin... What a quality hundred! It’s an honour that I shared the India dressing room with him for 12-13 years.

The Sachin hundreds which stand out

-->(Laughs) All.

His take on where Sachin stands in the debate over who is the all-time greatest..

-->Sachin, for me, is the greatest. There’s no debate.

This having been a fantastic year for Sachin

-->Absolutely... Just goes to show that age has nothing or little to do with performance. He’ll keep getting hundreds till he decides to call it a day.

What sets Sachin apart ??

-->Ability, more than anything else... Sheer ability.

Finally, whether he’ll be calling/messaging Sachin

-->I’ll definitely text him my congratulations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More