Monday, December 27, 2010

Yuvi is counting on Sourav tips

Calcutta: If you thought Yuvraj Singh’s visit to the city, on Wednesday, was just about fun and entertainment, you are mistaken. The swashbuckling all-rounder, who was here to shoot for a television programme hosted by Sourav Ganguly, not only enjoyed the former India skipper’s quizzing skills, but also went back with some vital tips for the forthcoming ODI series in South Africa.

The all-rounder, who made his ODI and Test debut under Sourav, said: “Yes, he (Sourav ) has told me to work on a few things. I will try and keep them in mind.”

Yuvraj feels the ODI series is going to be an uphill task and it will be important to get used to the conditions as fast as possible.

“It’s going to be a tough tour. The wickets will be different. So, we need to practice accordingly,” Yuvraj said.

“The Ranji matches that I played before the New Zealand ODIs gave me a lot of practice. I played in three games, spent enough time on the wickets and got runs as well. It definitely helped me to prepare for the one-dayers. Hopefully, in the coming few weeks, I will be able to tune myself up for the ODIs in South Africa,” he said.

Yuvraj refused to set a date for his Test comeback saying, “I don’t know… It’s up to the selectors”.

“India have lost the first Test, but I am sure they will bounce back. We’ve been the No. 1 Test team for the past two years. But, certainly, it’s not going to be an easy tour for us,” he added.


Source : Telegraph India

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More