Monday, June 20, 2011

Difficult to keep gritty Dada down - Jyoth Kohli

Who says Sourav Ganguly has fans only in Kolkata? This man can pull a hugecrowd even for an inconsequential match played on a Tuesday afternoon. I went to the stadium to catch Dada in action during the Deccan Chargers vs Pune Warriors game in Hyderabad on Tuesday. A few minutes into the match, I realised there were many like me. Dada was cheered for everything he did, even a mis-field. The crowd gave him a warm welcome and he didn’t disappoint with the bat. There was a huge cheer when he got off-the-mark. When he slashed Ishant over cover for his first boundary, I saw people around me jumping and giving giving high-fives to each other. This man is still loved by everyone. It’s been an emotional ride for Ganguly and his fans. Just when everyone thought he was finished, the old man is back. Some hate him, some love him and some are crazy about him. But surely everyone admires his passion for the sport and his fighting spirit. There’s just something special about this man. He may not be the best batsman, but inspires me when I’m down. As he once said, “It’s always easy to give up. All you need to say is — I quit... but the harder part is to carry on.”


Courtesy : Jyoth Kohli

-- Fans Corner --

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More